Monday, January 21, 2013

Halloween Sock Monkey

Always adding more, always making Sock Monkeys!  I know it is WAY off, but I figured why not?  I added these Halloween Sock Monkeys to my Etsy storehttp://www.etsy.com/shop/SockMonkeysByCheryl



Over the weekend I went and bought a bunch of new Fuzzy socks at the local flea market.  I have decided to give a craft show/festival a try.  Realistically, though, to be able to do one, I should have at LEAST 50-100 completed Sock Monkeys (Bears, Bunnies, Cats, etc) before I put that money down for the fair.  Everyone else seems to think I will do really well, so I figure why not give it a shot.  I don't want to spend too much money out for it though.  I still need to buy a folding table which we need at home any way, and of course one of those tents.  I guess if selling at the fairs doesn't pant out, we could use a tent like that in the yard occasionally, so it wouldn't be a waste.  So lots to think about and plan to really get this going.  If it doesn't work out, at least I will have had the experience, but I have also been reading othe blogs and forums and realize that what may not do well in one show, might sell out in another, so I should try at least 3 or 4 this year.  Of course, if I did sell out completely that would be amazing!  I do love each and everyone of my Sock Monkeys, so sometimes I have trouble letting them go to new homes, so doing a show might be harder than you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment