Sunday, January 24, 2010

My First Sock Monkey Sale!

My daughter had brought one of the Christmas Monkeys to her school to give to her friend as a very late Christmas gift. After a bunch of her friends said they, too, wanted one, I said I would sell them to her friends at less than my original price at $7.00. One girl bought a blue and grey Sock Monkey! Everyone else I want $10.00 for a Sock Monkey, fuzzy or not, but to a few of her friends, I don't mind letting them go a little less. I have 4 Fuzzy Sock Monkeys reserved for my Sister-In-Law's friend, but if she doesn't buy them soon, I ma have to sell them to someone else since they are SOO cute!! I just finished 2 new Fuzzy Sock Monkeys, and am working on 4 at the same time. 2 Fuzzy Socks, 1 Feather/Fuzzy Sock, and one of the Brown original ones I had made, for my daughter's teacher.
Even though my man is encouraging me to sell them, it doesn't matter to me as much. It would be awesome if I made money from it, but I am still going to make them anyway. They really do help to relax and heal me and when I look at them on the shelf smiling back at me, it just makes me feel so good. ^_^
I even wen to far as to take some pictures of the future Sock Monkeys!

Future Sock Monkey 010
Future Sock Monkey 001
Future Sock Monkey 002
Future Sock Monkey 003
Future Sock Monkey 004
Future Sock Monkey 005
Future Sock Monkey 006
Future Sock Monkey 007
Future Sock Monkey 009

I have a few others that are already prepared for stuffing and such. I was thinking of taking pics of them after preparing on the sewing machine and then makybe a pic after each process, but that would take too much time away from making the actual Sock Monkey. ^_^ More sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment