Thursday, May 2, 2013

New Sock Creations

So I have been trying in my every so minimal spare time to make more Sock Monkeys, stock piling them in fact, in hopes to try my hand at selling some at a craft fair this Summer/Fall.  Still looking for a table, but am not really too worried.  I figure if I can't find one, we can use sawhorses and plywood with a lovely cloth to cover it if needed.
While searching for new ideas on line, as I often do during downtime at work, I discovered how much I LOVE doing Sock Owls, Sock Pigs, and a different style of Sock Kitty!!


These pictured are my prototypes!  I love this pic of my sewing table cause you can see the Sock Monkey Mayhem going on behind! I have made about 5 more Sock piggies and 6 or so Sock owls, perfecting their look more each time.  I will put them up in my Etsy store as soon as I have about 10 or so each ready fro sale.  http://www.etsy.com/shop/SockMonkeysByCheryl

I know it seems odd that I bring my Sock Monkey box with me just about everywhere I go to work on, but last night someone asked if I sold them & wanted my number to possibly buy some!  So even though I do seem a little (a lot) eccentric in my habits, I still think its a good idea.

I do think one reason I've been making more Sock Creations is this week has been a moody sad week for me.  I can't tell you the reason, as I have no idea why, but there are a lot of sad memories that Spring up this time of year.  So I am trying to stay positive, and stay busy, (the latter has been very easy). 

I do put a lot of love in each and everyone.  I am going to have a hard time letting go of a lot of them, but I have sold quite a few before when my daughter was in middle school, and enjoyed the joy it brought those who took them home.  As long as I take lots of pictures of them before they are "adopted"  to remind me just how awesome and cute they are, I will be okay. :)

This weekend is a Fair that I did not have enough Sock Monkeys to try to sell at, but I do think I will be going if the weather holds up!

No comments:

Post a Comment